Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment Market Leaders & Key Revenue Pockets
The global graft versus host disease (GvHD) treatment market demand is expected to secure US$ 5,655.37 Million in 2032 while expanding at a CAGR of 8.3%.
The market is experiencing a steady growth in corticosteroids and combination therapies for graft-versus-host disease in HCT patients boosting the market for (GvHD) treatment. The market is likely to hold a value of US$ 2,547.86 Million in 2022. From 2016-21, the market displayed a growth rate of 7.8%.
Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant patients may benefit from recent advancements in overall survival and acute graft-versus-host disease ((GVHD)) severity levels, however, there are a number of challenges that must be addressed. In addition, newer medications such as Jakafi and Rezurock have recently been approved for the prevention and treatment of chronic (GVHD) and may provide a greater benefit than older medications.
For treating adults and pediatric patients with GVHD, Orencia (abatacept) was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in December 2021. In addition to treating autoimmune disorders, Orencia is also used to prevent them. T-cells are a key component of acute (GVHD), and this drug circumvents their attack by specifically binding to and modulating one of the main costimulation signals sent by these cells.
This prevents a full activation of T-cells, which prevents acute (GVHD) from occurring. A number of new approaches are being evaluated by doctors in order to prevent (GVHD) in the future.
Further, approval of Orencia will make stem cell transplants more accessible to a larger number of cancer patients and people with blood disorders, particularly people from diverse ethnic backgrounds. To improve treatment response, future treatments may include immunosuppression and other treatment agents, such as regenerative or tissue-repairing agents to the market.
Download Sample Copy@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-1401
Factors Contributing To The Growth Of The Global Graft Versus Host Disease (Gvhd) Treatment Market?
A healthy CAGR is expected to be observed for graft versus host disease treatment during the forecast period. As innovative technologies are developed, and cancer patients seek out chemotherapy treatments, the graft versus host disease ((GvHD)) treatment market is expected to grow from 2022-2032.
Cancer patients who are treated with chemotherapy are the main driving force behind the graft versus host disease ((GvHD)) market at present. Increasing bone marrow transplants to treat specific cancers is also fueling the global graft versus host disease market.
Human health products have become increasingly innovative and effective in recent decades. Growth in graft versus host disease ((GvHD)) will be considerably impacted by the use of allogeneic stem cell transplants.
In order to stay competitive, key players focus on introducing new drugs to the market. As a result of the high investments made by the public and private sectors in R&D technology and infrastructure, it is expected that the market will be provided with lucrative opportunities in the near future.
A global economy that focuses on advancing technology and innovation has the potential to restore growth and ensure the future competitiveness of the pharmaceutical industry by investing in innovation and research.
For More Information or Query or Customization Before Buying, Visit: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/customization-available/rep-gb-1401
What Factors are impeding the Global Market for Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatments?
Global graft versus host disease ((GvHD)) market growth is likely to be hindered by costs associated with recent clinical trials and authorizations. Using steroids in the treatment of (GvHD) immune diseases, skin diseases, and other conditions may result in side effects such as glucose levels increasing, fluid retention, mood problems, appetite disorders, and stomach pain.
The use of steroids over a long period of time has been linked to diabetes, infection, muscle weakness, and even cancer.
Why Is The Global Market For Graft Versus Host Disease (Gvhd) Treatments Expected To Dominate North America?
As per the analysis, the global graft versus host disease (GvHD) treatment market is expected to be dominated by North America during the forecast period. In 2022, the region is expected to secure about 34% of the total market share. As a result of a well-established medical infrastructure and the proliferation of major key players in the region, the region has become a dominant market for (GvHD) treatments.
The United States is expected to contribute the most to the development of the market during the forecast period. Growing awareness of (GVHD) has boosted the market for (GvHD) treatments in this region. New medicines are expected to propel the market growth during the forecast period. Additionally, the regulatory authority’s approval for various medicines in the market also contributes to the growth of the region.
For instance, on September 22, 2021, the FDA approved Ruxolitinib for chronic graft-versus-host disease ((GVHD)) in adults and children over 12 years of age who have failed one or more lines of systemic therapy. REACH-3 (NCT03112603) evaluated ruxolitinib’s efficacy as a treatment for corticosteroid-refractory chronic (GVHD) after allogeneic stem cell transplantation compared with the best available therapy (BAT) on the market.
How Has Europe Contributed To The Growth Of The Global Graft Versus Host Disease Treatment Market?
According to the analysis, Europe is projected to be the second-largest market during the forecast period. It is estimated that the region will hold 21% of the total market share in 2022. The growth of the market can be attributed to the rapid development of the food and beverage sector in the region.
Growing awareness, the availability of chemotherapies, and the adoption of advanced cancer treatment technologies drive the market for graft versus host disease ((GvHD)) treatment in these regions. In addition, rise in the aging population, scientific advancements, and clinical trials are expected to grow the market for GvHD treatment in the market.
What are the Most Effective Products on the Market for Treating GvHD?
According to Future Market Insights, monoclonal antibodies are expected to gain significant market share in the upcoming years. With the rapid development of pharmaceuticals and clinical trials, along with the expanding treatment for chronic diseases, the worldwide market is set for continued expansion in the near future.
The increasing number of cancer cases in various regions has fuelled the growth of this market in recent years. Due to their specialization in targeted cancer therapies in the medical sector, monoclonal antibodies are in high demand due to their unique properties.
Furthermore, some monoclonal antibodies are also immunotherapies since they are effective in fighting cancer by turning the immune system against the disease. These treatment types are therefore growing in the market.
How likely is it that the market for Acute Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) will grow in the future?
The use of various treatments for GvHD is expected to drive the market and account for the greatest share in 2022. Globally, the market is expected to grow at a significant CAGR, attracting private and public investments to this market.
Ruxolitinib is becoming more widely used as an alternative treatment option for acute graft versus host disease ((GvHD)), which reduces the need for hospitalization unless there are complications. Increasing immunosuppression is often successfully achieved through the administration of oral or intravenous steroid medications.
The severe complications of acute graft-versus-host disease ((GVHD)) continue to hinder the success of allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplants (HSCTs). As a treatment when prophylaxis fails or remains suboptimal, the ability to prevent (GVHD) prophylaxis is crucial. The most commonly prescribed regimen for prophylaxis of (GVHD) still consists of a calcineurin inhibitor in combination with methotrexate.
How are Start-Up Companies Playing a Role in Augmenting Sales of Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment?
Healthcare continues to be a flourishing sector, and the demand for safe and effective medications is on the rise. Numerous innovative medicine solutions have been introduced in the medical field to reduce side effects and improve long-term outcomes, including the incorporation of graft versus host disease (GvHD) treatment. As start-ups realize its potential, they are firmly establishing themselves on the global market.
Some notable graft versus host disease start-up manufacturers are as follows:
- Astellas Pharma, founded in 2005 as a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company formed from the merger of Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. and Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. A number of drugs have been developed by the company that are used effectively to treat (GVHD) diseases and other chronic diseases.
- Mesoblast Ltd, a U.K-based graft versus host disease (GvHD) treatment manufacturer, offers allogeneic cellular medicines are being developed and commercialized by Mesoblast using its proprietary technology platform to treat diseases that are resistant to conventional treatments and in which inflammation is a significant factor. Among the Company’s Phase 3 products are remestemcel-L for the treatment of steroid-refractory acute graft versus host disease (SR-a(GVHD)), and for moderate to severe acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) due to COVID-19 infection; REVASCOR® for severe chronic heart failure; and MPC-06-ID for degenerative disc disease-related chronic low back pain.
- Equillium, Inc. develops unmet medical needs in the treatment of severe autoimmune and inflammatory disorders by leveraging a deep understanding of immunobiology. The company is situated in California, United States and was foun in 2017. A Phase 3 study is currently underway for graft-versus-host disease patients and a Phase 1b trial has been initiated for patients with lupus/lupus nephritis patients. An alopecia areata study is expected to begin enrolling patients in the second half of 2022 with EQ101, a first-in-class tri-specific cytokine inhibitor that targets IL-2, IL-9, and IL-15.
Key players in the global graft versus host disease (GvHD) treatment market include Sanofi, Equillium, Inc., Novartis AG, Neovii Biotech GmbH,Merck & Co., Astellas Pharma Inc.,Soligenix, Inc., Mesoblast Ltd, Pfizer, Takeda Pharmaceutical, Abbott, and others.
- In March 2022, Equillium, Inc. announced the initiation of the EQUATOR study, a pivotal Phase 3 clinical study of itolizumab in patients with acute graft-versus-host disease (GvHD)). As first-line therapy for (GvHD) combined with corticosteroids, itolizumab will be compared with placebo in a randomized, double-blind study.
- In May 2022, Novartis announced the approval of European Commission (EC) for Jakavi (ruxolitinib) for the treatment of patients aged 12 years and older with acute or chronic (GvHD) who have suffered from an insufficient response to corticosteroids or other systemic treatments. A new way to manage (GvHD) that is debilitating and life-threatening is now possible with Jakavi, which qualifies as a new option for healthcare providers and patients.
Key Segments Profiled In The Global Graft Versus Host Disease (Gvhd) Treatment Market
Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment Market by Product:
- Monoclonal antibodies Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment
- mTOR inhibitors Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment
- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment
- Thalidomide Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment
- Etanercept Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment
Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment Market by Disease:
- Acute Graft Versus Host Disease (a(GvHD))
- Chronic Graft Versus Host Disease (c(GvHD))
Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment Market by Region:
- North America Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment Market
- Latin America Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment Market
- Europe Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment Market
- Asia Pacific Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment Market
- Middle East & Africa Graft Versus Host Disease (GvHD) Treatment Market
Top Related Reports Healthcare Market Insights
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights, Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse All Reports: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs