Cell Culture Media Bags Market worth USD 2.67 Bn by 2030 at a CAGR of 10.8%
In its new market study, Future Market Insights (FMI) estimates global cell culture media bags market will register impressive growth between 2020 and 2030, progressing at a stellar CAGR of 10.8%. Furthermore, the study projects that the market will surge past a global valuation of US$ 2.67 Bn by 2030. The report attributes the growth of the market to soaring demand for disposable packaging solutions in life sciences R&D activities and manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals.
Moreover, the emergence of innovative techniques such as four-layered films, which provide exceptional oxygen and moisture barrier properties, is also expected to boost demand.
Having analyzed the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the report opines that increasing health concerns and high emphasis on biopharmaceutical research will augur well for market growth during the assessment period.
The outbreak of COVID-19 is expected to positively influence the demand for cell culture media bags as players operating in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors emphasize on high quality and safe packaging and storing solutions. Moreover, an upsurge in the number of studies and researches during the pandemic to develop a vaccine is, in turn, propelling demand for cell culture media bags.
Likewise, the need for disposable and single-use solutions for applications such as large-scale purification, cell storage, protein purification, and polishing applications in the biopharmaceutical market will continue to offer remunerative opportunities to market players through the pandemic period.
List Of Key Players Covered in Cell Culture Media Bags Market are:
- Parker Hannifin Corp
- Pall Corporation
- Sartorius AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- GE Healthcare Inc.
In this fast-growing industry, partnerships and collaborations, product launches, expansions, and other strategies have been used to gain a major piece of the cell culture media bags market.
To meet the increased demand for bioprocess manufacturing activities, market participants are concentrating on up-scaling media bag production. In addition, producers are tackling problems and improved features of bags such as four-layered films that provide stronger oxygen and moisture barriers to the properties.
In this vein, Thermo Fisher Scientific released the CEDIA Mitragynine (Kratom) Assay, a novel immunoassay for kratom alkaloid mitragynine screening designed specifically for criminal justice and forensic purposes.Throughout the projection period, continuous product innovations will continue to define the competitive landscape of the market. Furthermore, industry participants are concentrating their efforts on producing products for specific end uses.
Get Sample PDF Brochure:
- 2D bag designs are expected to account for over half of the market value, owing to their high flexibility
- Very large bags (>3000 ml) will remain the most sought out size, owing to low contamination properties
- By host cell, the bacterial cell segment is projected to account for the majority of market value, ascribed to an increasing number of studies on diseases caused by bacteria.
- Biopharmaceutical manufacturing will remain a key end-use segment, capturing over 2/3rds of market value through the forecast period.
- US will remain the largest market for cell culture media bags globally.
“Market players are investing in new product innovation and are focusing on procuring FDA approvals to facilitate wide-scale deployment,” remarks FMI analyst.
Who is Winning?
Cell culture media bags manufacturers are focusing on developing solutions that address the key challenges such as recycling of multilayer flexible packaging consisting of plastic and barrier materials. Moreover, new product development and strategic partnerships have been identified as key growth strategies adopted by market players.
- In April 2019, Thermo Fisher Scientific launched a new immunoassay – CEDIA Mitragynine (Kratom) Assay – for kratom alkaloid mitragynine screening solely for criminal justice and forensic applications.
- In August, 2015, Rim Bio partnered with Playmouth based Sentrol for sales and distribution of its single-use bio containers across the United States.
FMI’s report includes profiles of some of the most prominent names in the market including Parker Hannifin Corp, Pall Corporation, Sartorious AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and GE Healthcare Inc.
Cell Culture Media Bags Market by Bag Size:
- Very Small Bags (< 150 ml)
- Small Bags (151 – 500 ml)
- Medium Sized Bags (501 – 1000 ml)
- Large Bags (1001- 3000 ml)
- Very Large Bags (>3000 ml)
Cell Culture Media Bags Market by Application:
- Gas Exchanges
- Heat Transfer
- Flow Rate Monitoring
Cell Culture Media Bags Market by Host Cell:
- Mesenchymal Cells
- Plant Cells
- Insect Cells
- Bacteria Cells
- Yeast Cells
- Chinese Hamster Ovary
- Baby Hamster Kidney
Cell Culture Media Bags Market by Bag Design:
- 2D Cell Culture Media Bags
- 3D Cell Culture Media Bags
Cell Culture Media Bags Market by End Use:
- Life Science R&D
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturers
Cell Culture Media Bags Market by Region:
- North America Cell Culture Media Bags Market
- Latin America Cell Culture Media Bags Market
- Europe Cell Culture Media Bags Market
- East Asia Cell Culture Media Bags Market
- South Asia & Pacific Cell Culture Media Bags Market
- Middle East & Africa (MEA) Cell Culture Media Bags Market
Ask for Customization:
Detailed Table of Content:
- Executive Summary
- Global Market Outlook
- Demand Side Trends
- Supply Side Trends
- Technology Roadmap
- Analysis and Recommendations
- Market Overview
- Market Coverage / Taxonomy
- Market Definition / Scope / Limitations
- Inclusion and Exclusions
- Key Market Trends
- Key Trends Impacting the Market
- Bag Size Innovation / Development Trends
- Key Success Factors
- Bag Size Adoption Rate/Usage Analysis- Key Statistics
- Key Promotional Strategies, By Key Manufacturers
- Pipeline Analysis
- Diseases Epidemiology By Region
- Key Regulations, By Region
- Market Background
- Macro-Economic Factors
- Global GDP Growth Outlook
- Global Healthcare Expenditure Outlook
- Global Pharmaceutical Industry Outlook
- Forecast Factors – Relevance & Impact
- Growing Demand for Disposable Packaging Solutions
- Increasing Prevalence of Chronic Diseases
- Increased Shelf Life Offered by Single-Use Bags
- Growing Applications in Primary Packaging
- Increasing Production of Antibodies for Treatment of Disease
- Rapid Progress in the Areas of Biopharmaceuticals, Oncology, and Stem Cell Research
- Rising Number of Parenteral Bag Sizes in Pipeline
- Value Chain
- Market Dynamics
- Opportunity Analysis
Get In Touch With Our Team For 20% Flat Discount:
About Future Market Insights, Inc.
Future Market Insights, Inc. is an ESOMAR-certified business consulting & market research firm, a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce and is headquartered in Delaware, USA. A recipient of Clutch Leaders Award 2022 on account of high client score (4.9/5), we have been collaborating with global enterprises in their business transformation journey and helping them deliver on their business ambitions. 80% of the largest Forbes 1000 enterprises are our clients. We serve global clients across all leading & niche market segments across all major industries.
Now avail flexible Research Subscriptions, and access Research multi-format through downloadable databooks, infographics, charts, interactive playbook for data visualization and full reports through MarketNgage, the market intelligence engine from Future Market Insights. Sign Up for a 7 day free trial!
Future Market Insights, Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA