Microcrystalline Cellulose Market Report 2022: New Grades of Microcrystalline Cellulose With Improved Pharmaceutical Characteristics Present Growth Opportunities - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Microcrystalline Cellulose Market, by Source Type, by End Use Industry and by Region - Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022 - 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Cellulose is an organic substance, with high content of fiber. It is extensively used in packaged food products, in order to enhance their shelf life and to enhance their nutritional value. Pure cellulose is available in market in various forms such as microcrystalline cellulose (MCC), powdered cellulose (PC), and low crystallinity powdered cellulose (LCPC).
The difference between various forms of cellulose is related to the size, shape and degree of crystallinity of their particles. Microcrystalline cellulose (MCC) is largely gaining popularity and is used extensively in the pharmaceutical sector. It is a purified and partly depolymerized cellulose with shorter crystalline polymer chains. MCC is widely used as a binder and filler in drug formulations, owing to its strong binding performance. In addition to this, microcrystalline cellulose is also useful in the food & beverages and cosmetics & personal care industries.
Development of new grades of microcrystalline cellulose with improved pharmaceutical characteristics including silicified microcrystalline cellulose (SMCC) and second generation MCC grades, is expected to increase its penetration in the pharmaceutical industry, and support market growth of microcrystalline cellulose. Further, the wide applicability of microcrystalline cellulose is considered as another factor, driving growth of market. Microcrystalline cellulose is widely used in packaged food as a texturizing and anti-caking agent and is also used in cosmetics and personal care products such as hair and skin care products.
North America held a dominant position in the global microcrystalline cellulose market in 2021, owing to growing pharmaceutical industry in the region. According to the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations, in 2021, North America accounted for the largest share in the world pharmaceutical market with 48.5% share. Low calorie food is gaining popularity among obese population in the region, which is expected to support market growth, as microcrystalline cellulose is majorly used as a cellulose based fat replacer in dairy products, sauces, and frozen desserts.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of global microcrystalline cellulose market, and provides market size (US$ Billion) and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the forecast period (2022-2030), considering 2021 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approvals, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by key players
- It profiles key players in the global microcrystalline cellulose market based on the following parameters - company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies, and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Huzhou City Linghu Xinwang Chemical Co., Ltd., Rayonier Advanced Materials, DFE Pharma, Mingtai Chemical Co., Ltd, JRS Pharma, Asahi Kasei Corporation, Dupont, Avantor Inc., Sigachi Industries Pvt. Ltd, Foodchem International Corporation, Quadra Chemicals, Maple Biotech Pvt. Ltd., Anhui Sunhere Pharmaceutical Excipients Co., Ltd., Accent Microcell Pvt. Ltd., RanQ, and Chemfield Cellulose.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision regarding future product launches, technology up gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global microcrystalline cellulose market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry including investors, suppliers, Microcrystalline Cellulose manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Stakeholders would have ease in decision-making through various strategy matrices used in analyzing the global Microcrystalline Cellulose market
Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market, By Source Type:
- Wood Based
- Non-wood Based
Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market, By End Use Industry:
- Food & Beverages
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Middle East
- Huzhou City Linghu Xinwang Chemical Co., Ltd..
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Key Strategies
- Recent Developments
- Future Plans
- Rayonier Advanced Materials
- DFE Pharma
- Mingtai Chemical Co., Ltd
- JRS Pharma
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Avantor Inc.
- Sigachi Industries Pvt. Ltd
- Foodchem International Corporation
- Quadra Chemicals
- Maple Biotech Pvt. Ltd.
- Anhui Sunhere Pharmaceutical Excipients Co., Ltd.
- Accent Microcell Pvt. Ltd.
- Chemfield Cellulose.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Objectives and Assumptions
2. Market Purview
3. Market Dynamics, Regulations, and Trends Analysis
4. Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market - Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
5. Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market, By Source Type, 2017-2030 (US$ Million)
6. Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market, By End Use Industry, 2017-2030 (US$ Million)
7. Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market, By Region, 2017-2030 (US$ Million)
8. Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tlw4ml
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900