Drugs of Abuse Testing Market with sales growing at above 5% CAGR through 2031
As per a recent market analysis by Future Market Insights, the global drug of abuse testing market is projected to top US$ 1.5 Bn in 2021, expanding at over 5% CAGR over the forecast period.
Growth can be attributed to the increasing opioid dependence in the geriatric population as a result of high dosage prescription opioid use for pain management. Chronic pain is prevalent among patients suffering from arthritis, heart diseases, and cancer Opioids are prescribed for pain management, however, overdose can result in fatalities.
In response to this, manufacturers are launching rapid, accurate, disposable, and easy-to-use drug of abuse testing kits to detect drug dependence among the elderly. This is indicative of lucrative prospects for new market entrants over the assessment period.
Besides this, growing acceptance of recreational marijuana also has triggered concerns regarding overdose. Marijuana addiction is rare, although overdose can result in breathing disorders, memory loss, elevated stress and anxiety, and concentration issues. As a result, demand for drug of abuse testing systems in corporate and educational organizations is rising for early detection of substance abuse.
As per FMI’s in-depth regional analysis, the U.S. is projected to dominate the North America drug of abuse testing market. The presence of robust healthcare infrastructure along with the prevalence of an opioid endemic in the country is expected to continue pushing sales of drug of abuse testing tools.
Get Latest Sample Copy@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-1649
- Based on drug type, sales of drug of abuse testing for cannabinoids are expected to remain high through 2031.
- In terms of technique, immunoassays will remain highly sought-after.
- Demand for drug of abuse testing in forensic laboratories is anticipated to continue gaining traction over the assessment period.
- The U.S. is projected to dominate the North America drug of abuse testing market owing to increasing prevalence of opioid dependence in the country.
- The U.K. will continue exhibiting high demand for drug of testing systems in response to government initiatives regarding drug awareness and control measures.
- China will emerge as an attractive market due to the presence of key market players and easy availability of raw materials for the manufacturing of testing products.
- Japan will account for 7% of the total drug of abuse testing market share, while South Korea is expected to hold less than 1% of the total market share through 2031.
“The introduction of integrated drug warning systems that monitor drug overdose in real-time is expected to fuel sales of drug abuse testing equipment. Besides this, increasing adoption of drug testing tools in forensic laboratories to identify illicit drugs for the criminal justice system are expected to continue augmenting growth of the global drug of abuse testing market through 2031,” says an FMI analyst.
Quest Diagnostics, Roche Holding AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Siemens AG (Siemens Healthineers), Abbott Laboratories (Alere, Inc.), Shimadzu Corporation, Express Diagnostics International Inc., Drägerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, and Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings are among the key players profiled by FMI.
Leading players operating in the global drug of abuse testing market are focusing on research and development to expand their product portfolios. Besides this, players are aiming at production facility expansions through mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations.
Ask from Market Research Expert – https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-1649
Drug of Abuse Testing Market by Category
By Drug Type:
- Rapid Testing
By End User:
- Diagnostics Laboratories
- Forensic Laboratories
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of the Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favour the market growth in various segments based on Source, Application, Sales Channel and End-Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com