Complicated Urinary Tract Infections Treatment Market is projected to reach USD 16.1 billion by 2033
The global Complicated Urinary Tract Infections treatment market is expected to exceed an impressive valuation of USD 9.2 billion in 2023 and reach USD 16.1 billion by 2033, at a CAGR of 5.76%.
Biosensors, an advanced platform, are used for the diagnosis of complicated urinary tract infections, which will drive market growth. Biosensors can be combined with microfluidic technology for point-of-care applications to improve the diagnosis of urinary tract infections, which will drive market growth.
Adoption of new assays such as flow cytometry, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, fluorescence in situ hybridization, and multiplex PCR also help enhance the diagnosis of complicated urinary tract infections, aiding in market expansion.
Get Latest Sample Copy @
Complicated UTI’s can be especially troublesome for people with diabetes because sugar in the urine serves as a breeding ground for bacteria. Therefore, with the growing prevalence of diabetes and kidney stones, the number of cases of complicated urinary tract infection increases, which increases the demand for drugs, thus, driving the global complicated urinary tract infection treatment market.
Additionally, launch of more efficient combination drugs and the growing geriatric population is anticipated to boost growth of complicated urinary tract infection treatment market. For instance, in February 2020, Allecra, a French pharmaceutical company, announced Exblifep, a combination of enmetazobactam, a novel extended-spectrum beta-lactamase inhibitor, and cefepime, a fourth-generation cephalosporin that met primary endpoints in a clinical trial for complicated UTIs. These industrial developments will propel growth in the market.
However, adverse events linked with the use of medication and dearth of awareness about the prevalence of UTIs in developing and underdeveloped countries are challenging market’s growth.
Ask An Analyst @
- North America is projected to lead the market of complicated urinary tract infections with an estimated market value of USD 5.29 billion by end of the forecast period.
- The market in East-Asia is expected to witness fastest CAGR of 5.1% while possessing 20% market share by end of 2033.
- By drug class, Penicillin and combinations is expected witness fastest segment growth of 7.9% during the forecast period.
- Quinolones segment is expected to possess hegemony with 48.6% market share by end of the forecast period.
- By distribution channel, hospital pharmacies is anticipated to dominate market with 51% market share by 2033.
Use of biosensors in diagnosis of complicated urinary tract infections and launch of combination drugs will drive market growth- comments an FMI Analyst
The global Complicated Urinary Tract Infections treatment market is highly competitive due to presence of large number of players and innovative product offerings. In addition, business expansion activities through partnerships and agreements are factors expected to further increase the competition. The major players in the market are: Spero Therapeutics, Wockhardt, Venatorx Pharmaceuticals, Allecra Therapeutics, Nabriva Therapeutics AG, MerLion Pharmaceuticals, Allergan, Bayer AG, Pfizer, Inc, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Janssen Global Services, LLC
Some recent developments in this industry are:
- In November 2020, Allergan announced FDA acceptance of Supplemental New Drug Indication for Avycaz for the treatment of patients with complicated Urinary Tract Infections (cUTI) and complicated Intra-abdominal Infections (cIAI).
- In October 2021, Spero Therapeutics Inc. submitted a new drug application (NDA) to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), seeking approval for tebipenem HBr tablets for the treatment of complicated urinary tract infections (cUTI), including pyelonephritis, caused by susceptible microorganisms.
- In September 2021, BDR Pharma, one of India’s leading generic pharmaceutical companies, launched biapenem to treat patients with intra-abdominal infections, lower respiratory infections, or complicated urinary tract infections.
Request Discount @
More Valuable Insights Available
Future Market Insights offers an unbiased analysis of the global Abetalipoproteinemia treatment market, providing historical data for 2018-2022 and forecast statistics from 2023-2033.
To understand opportunities in the Complicated Urinary Tract Infections treatment market, the market is segmented on the basis drug class ( Penicillin and combinations, Quinolones, Cephalosporin, Azoles and Amphotericin B, Nitro furans) By distribution channel (Hospital pharmacies, Gynaecology and Urology Clinics, Drug Stores, Retail Pharmacies) By region (North America, Latin America, Europe, South-Asia, East-Asia, Oceania, Middle East, and Africa)
Key Segments Profiled in the Complicated Urinary Tract Infections treatment market Industry survey
Complicated Urinary Tract Infections treatment market by Drug class:
- Penicillin and combinations
- Azoles and Amphotericin B
- Nitro furans
Complicated Urinary Tract Infections treatment market by Distribution channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Gynecology and Urology Clinics
- Drug stores
- Retail Pharmacies
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights,
Unit No: 1602-006,
Jumeirah Bay 2,
Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers,
United Arab Emirates
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs