Plasmid DNA Contract Manufacturing Global Market Report 2023: Sector to Reach $1.1 Billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 19.3% - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Plasmid DNA Contract Manufacturing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Cell & Gene Therapy, Immunotherapy), By Therapeutic Area (Cancer, Infectious Diseases), By End-user, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 - 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global plasmid DNA contract manufacturing market size is expected to reach USD 1,117.5 million by 2030, registering a CAGR of 19.3%.
- Charles River Laboratories
- Vgxi, Inc.
- Plasmid Factory GmbH & Co. Kg
- Boehringer Ingelheim Bioxellence
- Thermofisher Scientific Inc.
- Vive Biotech
- Trilink Biotechnologies
- Esco Aster Pte. Ltd
The growing popularity of cell & gene therapy, prevalence of chronic diseases is increasing and plasmid DNA has a wide range of uses in the healthcare sector are the key factors driving the growth of the market.
The field of gene therapy significantly broaden the treatment of viral infections, malignancies, hereditary illnesses, and immunotherapy. The therapy is, however, not yet widely used in clinical settings, and licenses have often only been given in particular countries.
Examples of gene treatments include Spinraza, which is used to treat spinal muscular atrophy. However, government assistance, assuring sustainability, community involvement, enacting suitable regulatory legislation, and promoting entrepreneurship are vital to the success of any gene therapy programs in Africa. Hence, the growing adoption of gene therapy in the treatment of cancer is propelling the growth of the plasmid DNA contract manufacturing market.
However, the COVID-19 resulted into positive impact on the plasmid DNA contract manufacturing market. There was an increase in demand for vaccines during the COVID-19 pandemic. The market would certainly benefit from the efforts of biotechnology companies that produce COVID-19 vaccines made from plasmid DNA.
In 2022, it is anticipated that the incidence of COVID-19 would increase, thus advancing the need for COVID-19 vaccinations.
For instance, India recently became the first country in the world to approve a COVID-19 DNA plasmid vaccine. The ZyCoV-D vaccine has received the Drugs Controller General of India's emergency clearance, making it the sixth vaccine to receive approval in India. Furthermore, it is the only vaccine that has been approved for adolescents between the ages of 12 and 18.
The fact that a DNA vaccination has been authorized for use in people for the first time, according to researchers from all around the world, makes the approval significant.
Plasmid DNA Contract Manufacturing Market Report Highlights
- Cell & gene therapy dominated the market with a revenue share of 60.3% in 2022. The growing confidence of people in the dependability, efficiency, and safety of gene treatments in the treatment of a wide range of chronic and genetic disorders drives the growth of the segment.
- Based on therapeutic areas, cancer dominated the segment with a revenue share of 39.0% in 2022. The growing number of cancer cases increases the demand for cancer treatment therapies.
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies dominated the market with a revenue share of 59.2% in 2022. There is a growing demand for innovative therapies requiring plasmid DNA. The companies investing in research also help to propel the segment market.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR growth of 19.9% during the forecast period. The high burden of diseases, growing cancer cases, and growing adoption of plasmid DNA for developing vaccines and drugs for various diseases are the key factors driving the growth of the market in the region
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Plasmid DNA Contract Manufacturing Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1. Market Lineage Outlook
3.1.1. Parent market outlook
3.1.2. Related/ancillary market outlook
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.2.1. Market driver analysis
188.8.131.52. Increasing disease prevalence
184.108.40.206. Growing Investments in Research Studies
220.127.116.11. Growing Popularity of Gene Therapy
3.2.2. Market restraint analysis
18.104.22.168. Lack of advanced infrastructure for manufacturing in certain developing countries
22.214.171.124. Quality Issues associated with Contract Manufacturing
3.2.3. Covid - 19 Impact & Recovery Analysis
3.2.4. Heat Map Analysis
3.2.5. Major Deals and Strategic Alliances Analysis
3.2.6. Industry Analysis - Porter's
3.2.7. PESTLE Analysis
Chapter 4. Plasmid DNA Contract Manufacturing Market: Application Segment Analysis
Chapter 5. Plasmid DNA Contract Manufacturing Market: Therapeutic Area Segment Analysis
Chapter 6. Plasmid DNA Contract Manufacturing Market: End - user Segment Analysis
Chapter 7. Plasmid DNA Contract Manufacturing Market: Regional Analysis
Chapter 8. Competitive Landscape
8.1. Plasmid DNA Contract Manufacturing Market: Company market share analysis, 2022 & 2030
8.2. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9l4qsv
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900