Global Hepatic Encephalopathy Therapeutics Market Report 2023: Players Include Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Salix Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Hepatic Encephalopathy Therapeutics Market Size, Market Share, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Growth Trends, Key Players, Competitive Strategies and Forecasts, 2023 to 2031" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global hepatic encephalopathy therapeutics market is projected to expand at a CAGR Of 6.5% between 2023 and 2031.
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- Salix Pharmaceuticals
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- ASKA Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- Bausch Health
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
- Janssen Global Services
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Merck & Co. Inc.
As per the citing of the National Organization for Rare Diseases (NORD) 2016 report, hepatic encephalopathy is described as a brain disorder in patients previously suffering from chronic liver ailments such as liver cirrhosis, hepatitis, and acute liver failure. If effectively diagnosed, hepatic encephalopathy occurs in almost two-thirds of the patients suffering from liver cirrhosis.
Hepatic encephalopathy is categorized into 3 types Type A (acute liver failure), Type B (portal systemic bypass without liver disease), and Type C (liver cirrhosis). The exact disease etiology is unknown but the disease is triggered by the accumulation of toxins in the bloodstream as the diseased liver fails to neutralize the toxins.
The clinical manifestation associated with hepatic encephalopathy is confusion, anxiety, lethargy, seizures, confused speech, personality changes, and poor body movements. The key factors driving the hepatic encephalopathy therapeutics market are the rising prevalence of liver disorders, lack of nutrients in daily food intake, and increasing public health awareness resulting in early diagnosis and treatment.
The diagnosis of hepatic encephalopathy includes blood tests, liver function tests, detection of serum ammonia levels, and an encephalogram of the brain to measure the electrical activity of the brain. There are numerous therapeutic approaches to manage the severity of hepatic encephalopathy, but the reduction of plasma ammonia is the most preferred strategy. Lactulose is the first line of treatment as it changes the acidity of the stool to reduce the production of ammonia by killing intestinal bacteria.
Probiotics and thiamine are useful in the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy by increasing the expulsion of ammonia genic bacteria by causing the bowel to get fermented by colonic bacteria to produce lactic and acetic acid. In 2010 the USFDA approved Rifaximin for the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy by acting on the microorganisms in the intestinal tract producing ammonia.
Historical & Forecast Period
This study report represents an analysis of each segment from 2021 to 2031 considering 2022 as the base year. Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) for each of the respective segments estimated for the forecast period of 2023 to 2031.
- Blood Tests
- CT Scan
- Liver Functioning Tests
Route of Administration
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
Key questions answered in this report
- What are the key micro and macro environmental factors that are impacting the growth of the Hepatic Encephalopathy Therapeutics market?
- What are the key investment pockets with respect to product segments and geographies currently and during the forecast period?
- Estimated forecast and market projections up to 2031.
- Which segment accounts for the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which market segment holds a larger market share and why?
- Are low and middle-income economies investing in the Hepatic Encephalopathy Therapeutics market?
- Which is the largest regional market for the Hepatic Encephalopathy Therapeutics market?
- What are the market trends and dynamics in emerging markets such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa?
- Which are the key trends driving the Hepatic Encephalopathy Therapeutics market growth?
- Who are the key competitors and what are their key strategies to enhance their market presence in the Hepatic Encephalopathy Therapeutics market worldwide?
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qfdwza
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900