Antifungal Drugs Market 2023: Predicted to Grow at CAGR of 3.9% by 2030, AMR
According to the report published by Allied Market Research, the global Antifungal Drugs Market generated $16.6 billion in 2020, and is projected to reach $25.0 billion by 2030, witnessing a CAGR of 3.9% from 2021 to 2030. The study analyzes the important strategies, drivers, competition, market dynamics, size, and important investment regions.
Growing Incidence of Fungal Infections: The antifungal drugs market is witnessing growth due to the increasing incidence of fungal infections worldwide. Factors such as the rising prevalence of immunocompromised conditions, invasive medical procedures, and the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics contribute to the higher risk of fungal infections.
Broad Range of Antifungal Drugs: The market offers a wide range of antifungal drugs that target different types of fungal infections. These drugs include azoles, echinocandins, polyenes, allylamines, and others. Each class of drugs has its own mechanism of action and is effective against specific types of fungi.
Rise in Candidiasis and Aspergillosis Cases: Candidiasis and aspergillosis are among the most common fungal infections, leading to a significant demand for antifungal drugs. Candidiasis affects various body parts, including the mouth, throat, genitals, and bloodstream. Aspergillosis primarily affects the lungs and can be life-threatening in immunocompromised individuals.
Increasing Antifungal Drug Resistance: Fungal drug resistance is a growing concern in the healthcare industry. Some fungal strains are becoming resistant to commonly used antifungal drugs, making treatment more challenging. This necessitates the development of new antifungal agents and combination therapies to combat resistant infections.
Rising Awareness and Improved Diagnosis: Increased awareness about fungal infections and improved diagnostic techniques have contributed to the growth of the antifungal drugs market. Timely and accurate diagnosis allows healthcare professionals to prescribe appropriate antifungal treatments, leading to better patient outcomes.
Request Sample Copy of the Report:
Increasing Incidence of Fungal Infections: The growing prevalence of fungal infections worldwide is a significant driver for the antifungal drugs market. Factors such as the rising number of immunocompromised patients (due to conditions like HIV/AIDS, cancer, organ transplantation, etc.), aging population, and the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics contribute to the higher risk of fungal infections.
Rising Awareness and Improved Diagnosis: There has been an increase in awareness among healthcare professionals and the general population about the risks and consequences of fungal infections. This has led to improved diagnosis and early detection of fungal infections, driving the demand for antifungal drugs. Advanced diagnostic techniques such as molecular diagnostics and biomarker-based assays aid in accurate and timely identification of fungal infections.
Technological Advancements and Product Innovations: Advances in technology have facilitated the development of new antifungal drugs with improved efficacy, safety, and patient convenience. Pharmaceutical companies are investing in research and development to discover novel drug targets and develop innovative antifungal therapies. This includes the development of new formulations, combination therapies, and improved drug delivery systems.
Increasing Antifungal Drug Resistance: The emergence of antifungal drug resistance is a significant driver for the market. Fungal strains have developed resistance to commonly used antifungal drugs, leading to treatment failures and complications. This drives the need for the development of new antifungal agents and combination therapies to combat resistant infections.
Request for Customization –
Regional Growth Dynamics:
North America contributed to the highest share in terms of revenue in 2020, holding more than two-fifths of the total market share, and is estimated to continue its dominant share by 2030. However, Asia-Pacific is projected to manifest the fastest CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- AbbVie Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Mylan N.V.
- Approval of New Antifungal Drugs: In recent years, several new antifungal drugs have received regulatory approvals. For example, in 2021, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Brexafemme (ibrexafungerp) from SCYNEXIS, Inc. for the treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis. This approval marked the first new oral antifungal drug class approved for this indication in over 20 years. Similarly, other drugs such as bafinetant and olorofim are in late-stage clinical development and show promise in addressing drug-resistant fungal infections.
- Increased Focus on Drug-Resistant Fungal Infections: The rise in antifungal drug resistance has prompted increased research and development activities to address drug-resistant fungal infections. Pharmaceutical companies are investing in developing new antifungal agents, combination therapies, and alternative treatment options to combat resistant strains. Additionally, there is a growing emphasis on developing diagnostics to detect antifungal resistance more effectively.
Buy this Premium Research Report:
VALUE PROPOSITIONS RELATED TO THE REPORT:
- Powered with Complimentary Analyst Hours and Expert Interviews with Each Report
- Comprehensive quantitative and qualitative insights at segment and sub-segment level
- Covid 19 impact trends and perspective
- Granular insights at global/regional/country level
- Deep-rooted insights on market dynamics (drivers, restraints, opportunities) and business environment
- Blanket coverage on competitive landscape
- Winning imperatives
- Exhaustive coverage on ‘Strategic Developments’ registered by leading players of the market
- Distributor Landscape Assessment
- Pricing Intelligence
- Customer Base Assessment
- Investment & Initiatives Analysis
- ‘Business Profile’ of Key Players
Get an access to the library of reports at any time from any device and anywhere. For more details, follow the
Browse more latest healthcare reports:
Erythropoietin Drugs Market by Product Type (Epoetin-Alfa, Epoetin-Beta, and Darbepoetin-Alfa, Others) and Application (Hematology, Kidney Disorder, Cancer, Others): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021-2028
Brachytherapy Market By Product Type (Seeds, Applicators and Afterloaders, Electronic Brachytherapy), By Technique (High Dose Rate (HDR), Low Dose Rate (LDR)), By Application (Gynecological Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Breast Cancer, Others), By End User (Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Others): Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021-2031
Allied Market Research (AMR) is a full-service market research and business-consulting wing of Allied Analytics LLP based in Portland, Oregon. Allied Market Research provides global enterprises as well as medium and small businesses with unmatched quality of “Market Research Reports” and “Business Intelligence Solutions.” AMR has a targeted view to provide business insights and consulting to assist its clients to make strategic business decisions and achieve sustainable growth in their respective market domain.
5933 NE Win Sivers Drive
#205, Portland, OR 97220
USA/Canada (Toll Free): +1-800-792-5285, +1-503-894-6022
Hong Kong: +852-301-84916
India (Pune): +91-20-66346060
- The Wire Times