Hospital Pharmacies will be the primary revenue source for the Opioid Analgesics Market | FMI
According to a recent study by Future Market Insights (FMI), the Global Opioid Analgesics Market is projected to reach US$ 38.97 Bn in 2021, expanding at a 5.4% CAGR over the forecast period.
Request for the Comprehensive Sample: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-14043
Opioids are a type of narcotic pain medication used to treat moderate to severe pain, such as diarrhea suppression, cough suppression, anesthesia, cancer pain, injury or trauma, surgical pain, and neuropathic pain.
Increasing incidence of chronic conditions such as cancer and chronic pulmonary obstructive disease (COPD) in the geriatric population is spurring demand for opioid analgesics. Opioids effectively help in post-operative pain management and pain caused by orthopedic disorders, resulting in high demand for the same.
As per the American Cancer Society, the global incidence of cancer was 19.3 million in 2020. According to the National Cancer Institute, 20% to 50% of cancer patients suffer from pain continuous pain.
Around 80% of patients suffering from advanced-stage cancer have severe pain. By 2030, the global burden of cancer is expected to grow to 21.7 million new cancer cases, majorly because of the growing aging population. As a result, sales of opioid analgesics are projected to rise in tandem.
Opioid analgesics are effective in relieving pain; however, excess consumption of opioids can result in mental and physical dependency. In response to this, manufacturers are investing in research and development to launch non-addictive opioid variants.
- Based on drug class, the oxycodone segment is expected to hold a market share of 19.7% in 2020.
- In terms of indication, the surgical pain segment is projected to hold 45.5% of the total opioid analgesics market share.
- The oral route of administration segment is expected to expand at a 6.5% CAGR through 2031.
- Sales of opioid analgesics through hospital pharmacies are projected to generate revenues worth Us$ 23,355.2 Mn by 2031.
- The U.S. is projected to lead the North America opioid analgesics market, capturing 86% of the total market share in 2021.
- Germany will emerge as a lucrative market with sales growing at a 3.8% CAGR in 2021.
- The U.K. is projected to lead the Europe opioid analgesics market, expanding at a 4.7% CAGR through 2031.
- China is anticipated to account for 54.2% of the East Asia opioid analgesics market share in 2021.
- Sales of opioid analgesics in India are expected to account for 35.4% of the South Asia market share in 2021.
- Japan opioid analgesics market is projected to expand at a 5.6% CAGR, and South Korea will account for 14.5% of the East Asia market share.
“Increasing adoption of opioid maintenance treatment (OMT) to treat opioid dependence (OD), along with availability of opioid medications through online retail channels will continue providing tailwinds to opioid analgesics sales,” says an FMI analyst.
Leading companies operating in the global opioid analgesics market are investing in research and development to launch commercially available and non-addictive opioids in the market to gain a competitive edge. Apart from this, mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations will remain a part of prominent growth strategies used by market players. Fos instance:
- In September 2018, Novartis, an international healthcare organization, signed an agreement for the marketing, sales, and distribution of well-known pain medicine brands Voltaren (diclofenac sodium) and Cataflam (diclofenac potassium) in Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines.
Request for the complete TOC of tis Report: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/opioid-analgesics-market/table-of-content
More Insights into Opioid Analgesics Market Report
Future Market Insights brings the comprehensive research report on forecasted revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2031. The global opioid analgesics market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader. The study provides compelling insights on opioid analgesics segment based on drug class (morphine, codeine, fentanyl, meperidine, methadone, tramadol, oxycodone, dextromethorphan, buprenorphine and others), indication (surgical pain, cancer pain, neuropathic pain and other), route of administration (oral, parenteral, transdermal and other) distribution channel (hospitals, retail pharmacies, drug stores and online pharmacies) and across seven major regions.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (ESOMAR certified market research organization and a member of Greater New York Chamber of Commerce) provides in-depth insights into governing factors elevating the demand in the market. It discloses opportunities that will favor the market growth in various segments on the basis of Source, Application, Sales Channel and End Use over the next 10-years.
Future Market Insights, Inc.
Christiana Corporate, 200 Continental Drive,
Suite 401, Newark, Delaware – 19713, USA
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com
Browse All Reports: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports
LinkedIn| Twitter| Blogs