Joining Forces – OPEN Health and Pharmerit International Merger
Combining two major forces in HEOR, market access,
medical affairs and healthcare communications
4th November, 2019, London, UK and Bethesda, USA – OPEN Health has today announced the integration of Pharmerit International, a global leader in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), into its group of companies. Joining the Pharmerit business with the OPEN Health Group establishes a new unique entity equipped to be a global leader in HEOR, market access, medical affairs and healthcare communications.
The merger enhances and supports OPEN Health’s positioning – deep, broad and connected:
- Deep in that integration will expand the company’s global footprint and capabilities in the HEOR and market access space – across four integrated centres of excellence:
- Strategic market access
- Modelling and meta-analysis
- Real world evidence
- Patient centred outcomes
- bringing together strategic and technical expertise to build the evidence needed to demonstrate the unmet needs and the value of therapies.
- Broad in terms of the ability to offer HEOR and Medical Affairs clients a truly comprehensive suite of materials to identify and address evidence gaps and deliver world class communications across a wide range of media.
- Connected as there will be a highly skilled and diverse team working together across the globe to deliver truly innovative and best-in-class solutions to our clients. Strong interpersonal and cultural fit are the underpinnings of the business integration, with shared values around collaboration and intellectual curiosity.
In terms of scale, the integration means OPEN Health will now consist of 700 people in 15 offices across 6 different countries including US, UK, The Netherlands, Germany, India and China.
OPEN Health is a portfolio company of Amulet Capital Partners, LP, a U.S.-based private equity firm focused exclusively on the healthcare sector.
Sandy Royden, Chief Operating Officer at OPEN Health comments, “We are delighted to welcome Pharmerit into the OPEN Health family – this is a key strategic integration – that will both enhance our global HEOR offering and also our global Medical Affairs Platform. OPEN Health now has a unique mix of offerings and opportunities for innovation, to support industry changes and growth.”
Jenny Stephens, Partner at Pharmerit International comments, “We are very excited about Pharmerit joining the OPEN Health family. The two organizations have many synergies and fill important gaps for each other. By combining our capabilities and expertise, we will increase our global presence and expand the services we offer clients today.”
Marc Botteman, Partner at Pharmerit International said, "Over the past two decades, we have proudly grown Pharmerit into a global strategic leader dedicated to our mission of demonstrating and communicating the value of innovative healthcare interventions with the development of rigorous evidence. In joining OPEN Health, we are significantly expanding our client base and will be able to provide a wider range of integrated services to our clients, notably the medical affairs groups. We very much look forward to working with the OPEN Health management and Amulet teams to contribute to the long-term growth of OPEN Health.”
Ben van Hout, Partner at Pharmerit International comments, “This is an exciting time for Pharmerit. The integration builds on our unique value proposition as a multidisciplinary, end-to-end, HEOR and market access leader, and strengthens our ability to innovate and deploy new analytic techniques for clients.”
- Related Links